Monitoring of the West Pomeranian Labour Market – studies and analyses
Monitoring of the West Pomeranian Labour Market - studies and analyses
The West Pomeranian labour market is studied and monitored by the Department of Research and Analyses of the Voivodship Labour Office in Szczecin and the West Pomeranian Labour Market Observatory functioning within its structures.
The Department of Research and Analyses deals, above all, with keeping statistics and conducting studies of unemployment in the region on the basis of information delivered by Poviat Labour Offices, in particular, on the basis of the following variables:
- unemployed persons according to age, education, work experience, and time of unemployment;
- unemployed persons according to the type of business activity of the previous workplace and job offers;
- unemployed persons and job offers according to professions and specialisations;
- vocational guidance, job clubs, training workshops for the unemployed and persons looking for a job;
- unemployed persons living in the countryside according to age education, work experience, and time of unemployment;
- special programmes;
- unemployed persons according to communes (unemployment rate, structure);
- disabled unemployed persons;
The Department of Research and Analyses draws up annual analyses as well as additional documentation and reports on unemployment for the voivodship, prepares information on local labour markets, necessary for development of programmes for fighting against the unemployment. Apart from this, it monitors the deficit and surplus professions in the region owing to which it is possible to typify the professions
- which have a tendency to develop,
- which disappear from the labour market,
- whose supply is balanced with the demand.
This allows the current coordination of the training workshops for the unemployed as well as vocational education to be adapted to the labour market requirements. The result of the periodically performed monitoring studies of deficit and surplus professions (twice a year) is the „Ranking of deficit and surplus professions" available on the following website www.wup.pl in menu "Download a file".