EURES – national and foreign employment service
EURES - national and foreign employment service
When Poland joined the European Union, the public employment services started to complete tasks resulting from the participation in the International Employment Service Network EURES.
In the years 2004 - 2008 4338 persons delivered their CV's to foreign employers through EURES at the Voivodship Labour Office in Szczecin.
In the above-mentioned period, the EURES counsellors sent 1161 job offers from the countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area to the Labour Office.
Since the beginning of 2008, a reverse process has been in progress - after the mass exodus to other countries related to money earning, more and more people return to Poland. EURES provides help for them to accommodate to the local labour market.
The scope of services provided by EURES counsellors to people looking for a job includes:
- making the job offers from employers from the countries of the European Union and European Economic Area available,
- provision of information concerning the possibilities of taking up a job abroad,
- communication of information on EURES events (Job Fairs, Career Days, etc.)
- information on the standards of living and work in the EU/EEA,
- aid in drawing up a professional profile of the candidates „My EURES", which can be found on the portal of the European Commission:www.eures.europa.eu.
Voivodship Labour Office in Szczecin: tel. + 48 91 42 56 113
Branch Office of the Voivodship Labour Office in Koszalin tel. + 48 94 346 25 37